2018-19 Kindergarten Registration
The official "kick-off" for Kindergarten registration will take place at the annual Kindergarten Registration Event to be announced, at which time you may register for the upcoming school year. In the days following the fair, to provide efficient service to residents, registration for grades K-8 in Ansonia Public Schools are done via appointment only. All incoming kindergarten students will receive an appointment for a Kindergarten screening (which is done at the Ansonia School Readiness office located at Ansonia Middle School). This screening is a brief assessment, about 10-15 minutes, that offers a snapshot of your child's development. It assesses the following skills: language, motor, concept, self-help and social.
You must have the following information/documentation at time of registration:
- Birth certificate with the notarized seal. It may be a copy as long as it has the seal.
- Kindergarten students must have the blue health form completed by their physician, as well as all immunizations up to date. (Please see package for complete health details)
- A minimum of two proofs of your Ansonia residency, which include (No substitutions):
- Valid Connecticut drivers license indicating Ansonia residency on the front of the license.
- Two Utility bills such as UI, ATT, Comcast or Yankee Gas dated within the timeframe of registration.
- Rental agreement signed by all parties showing student(s) name.
- Escrow papers or signed mortgage commitment.
- If registering from another district, please bring the most current report card and IEP and or 504 plan if applicable.
Additional documentation may be required as needed.
If you have any questions, please call Mary Lynn Mott at 203-736-5095, Ext 1 for Registration. Thank you.