Important:  All new students to Ansonia Public Schools must adhere to the Uniform Dress Code Policy.  Polo shirts with the Ansonia Logo can be purchased at Ontime Screen Printing, located on Route 34, Derby, CT.  Please see the complete Uniform Policy Click Here. 

In an effort to provide efficient service to residents, registration for grades Pre K & K-12 in Ansonia Public Schools are done via Appointment Only.  Please note:  All registrations are processed by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Central Registration Office, 42 Grove Street, Ansonia, CT 06401.  You need to contact the Registrar - Mary Lynn Mott at 203-736-5095, Ext. 1 for Registration to schedule your appointment to complete the registration process.  

Ansonia registration forms to be completed include:

  • Printable Registration package for current school year Grades Kindergarten -12 Click Here  
  • Please note for the next four years, four year grant beginnning 2018-19 School Year - All students receive FREE LUNCH.  No Application needed. 
  • Printable Registration package for current school year PreK - Click Here

You must have the following information/documentation at time of registration(these documents are required and needed for registration):

  • Birth certificate with the notarized seal. It may be a copy as long as it has the seal.
  • Medical Records/Form-All incoming students must have current immunizations and compliance verification by school nurse prior to school entry. Kindergarten students must also have the Health Assessment Form completed by their physician, as well as all immunizations up to date.  If you are coming from out of state, you need to have a physical in Connecticut within 30 days of your school entry date.  Also, from out of country, there are certain vaccine requirements.(Please contact Registration Office for any questions - 203-736-5095, Ext. 1.
  • A Required proof of residence includes:  A valid Connecticut drivers license or CT state ID indicating the Ansonia residency on the front of the license(need license/ID at all times whether the address is updated or not) and Deed to home/mortgage statement or current Rental Agreement/HUD rental lease(all family members should be on lease, (No substitutions) and another additional proof can be:
    • A Utility bill such as UI, AT&T, Comcast or Yankee Gas dated within the time frame of registration.
    • For Special Education students - if registering from another district, a requirement is the most current IEP and/or 504 plan that you must present on the day of your appointment for registration. 
      • For our two Elementary schools for registering:  Please note from the day a registration there is a two day entry date for your child to begin school. This makes it more welcoming for your child and everyone is prepared for their first day to start school.
      • Middle School Students for registering:  Please note if your student is Regular Ed, there is a two day entry date for your child to begin school.  For Special Ed. students there is a three day entry date for your child to begin school(in order for more time to review the IEP and to see where your child best fits to get proper servicing for his/her educational requirements).
      • High School Requirement for registering: The student's transcript and current report card needs to be provided.  Also if student has and IEP or 504 Plan - this must be provided the day of registration.  Once you have registered and provided all the documents and forms needed the high school guidance department will set up an appointment to provide a schedule to meet the requirements for the high school student.  Guidance Department will determine your high school student's entry date.
      • Also, please note:  If at any point in time, you move to another address within Ansonia district, you need to show proof of address to the registration office on 42 Grove Street, Ansonia(Board of Ed Offices).  The proof required would be your new lease agreement or mortgage.  If you are living with someone the Certificate of Residence would be required.  The Certificate of Residence form you would need to get from the Registration Office at 42 Grove Street, Ansonia or if your child is attending PreK AMS Readiness Program, you can get the form from the PreK AMS Office.


Additional documentation may be required as needed.